American University, Washington, DC
Master of Arts in Public Communications, August 2009
Webster University, Webster Groves, MO
Bachelor of Arts in Film, May 2008
Content Marketing Manager, HelpMeSee
August 2016 – Present
- Managing all aspects of content marketing including web copywriting, blog posts, reports, videos, and digital media to promote global non-profit organization.
- Created editorial calendar for use in content marketing strategy.
- Built analytics tools to measure progress towards objectives and improve results.
- Launched two new websites (US & India) and optimized all webpages.
- Optimized Google Ad Grants spending to 99% efficiency and qualified organization for Grants Pro funding for Google AdWords.
Social Media Coordinator, HelpMeSee
October 2015 – August 2016
- Managed social media for global healthcare non-profit, publishing daily updates and engagement on multiple social platforms.
- Delivered weekly, monthly benchmark reports on digital marketing goals.
Communications Analyst, The Nielsen Company
August 2010 – April 2014
- Managed media relations/communications for Nielsen’s cross-platform measurement of online, mobile, and social media.
- Created media-friendly content, including blog posts and infographics, which showcase Nielsen’s data-driven insights into consumer behavior.
- Leveraged Nielsen’s digital measurement/analytics tools to write white papers, reports, and industry presentations.
- Promoted thought leadership through strategic outreach to targeted news media and industry influencers via blog posts and social media updates.
Marketing Strategist, Blue Fountain Media
January 2010 – August 2010
- Directed research using web analytics and social media measurement to build digital marketing strategies for consumer brands, NPOs, and gov’t agencies.
- Promoted clients through online marketing, SEO copywriting, and social media management, which grew web traffic from target audiences and increased conversions.
Online Analyst (Intern), New Media Strategies
May 2009 – August 2009
- Researched online word-of-mouth to measure attitude and promote awareness for consumer brands and product marketing.
- Monitored social media discussion for brand protection and crisis communications.
- Audited hundreds of videos online to protect brands and copyrighted media.
Voter File Manager, Jay Nixon for Governor (Missouri)
May 2008 – August 2008
- Designed and maintained database registry of voter information for election campaign, which helped identify undecided voters for communications campaign and get-out-the-vote drive.
- Directed survey research of over 200,000 constituents, and coordinated hundreds of volunteers for our field office.
Social Media Manager (volunteer), American Red Cross
September 2014 – Present
- Improved outreach to local communities via social media, in support of the American Red Cross’ metro NY chapter.
- Copywriter and contributor for Red Cross’ blog.
Consultant, Living Classrooms
January 2009 – May 2009
- Constructed strategic communications plan for non-profit.
- Created Media Kit, Direct Mail, and website development.
Consultant, Department of Commerce
October 2008 – December 2008
- Promoted YouTube video contest for the Digital TV transition.
- Created social media account for campaign.
- Produced original video to promote “Convert Now” contest.
Editor-in-Chief, Highway 61 revised
May 2007 – August 2008
- Founding editor, writer for blog/website.
- Managed team of blog writers, and coordinated promotion across social media.
- Developed branding, established new local media property.
- Created original short audio and video podcast segments.
Communications & Marketing: HTML, CSS, WordPress, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Cision, Google Analytics, Omniture, SPSS, Hootsuite, Radian6, and all social media platforms.
Computer: Proficient in Mac and PC operating systems, all Office applications, basic server and database management.