American University, Washington, DC
Master of Arts in Public Communications, August 2009
Webster University, Webster Groves, MO
Bachelor of Arts in Film, May 2008
Communications Analyst, The Nielsen Company
August 2010 – April 2014
- Managed media relations/communications for Nielsen’s cross-platform measurement of online, mobile, and social media.
- Created media-friendly content, including blog posts and infographics, which showcase Nielsen’s data-driven insights into consumer behavior.
- Leveraged Nielsen’s digital measurement/analytics tools to write white papers, reports, and industry presentations.
- Promoted thought leadership through strategic outreach to targeted news media and industry influencers via blog posts and social media updates.
Marketing Strategist, Blue Fountain Media
January 2010 – August 2010
- Directed research using web analytics and social media measurement to build digital marketing strategies for consumer brands, NPOs, and gov’t agencies.
- Promoted clients through online marketing, SEO copywriting, and social media management, which grew web traffic from target audiences and increased conversions.
Online Analyst (Intern), New Media Strategies
May 2009 – August 2009
- Researched online word-of-mouth to measure attitude and promote awareness for consumer brands and product marketing.
- Monitored social media discussion for brand protection and crisis communications.
- Audited hundreds of videos online to protect brands and copyrighted media.
Voter File Manager, Jay Nixon for Governor (Missouri)
May 2008 – August 2008
- Designed and maintained database registry of voter information for election campaign, which helped identify undecided voters for communications campaign and get-out-the-vote drive.
- Directed survey research of over 200,000 constituents, and coordinated hundreds of volunteers for our field office.
Social Media Manager (volunteer), American Red Cross
September 2014 – Present
- Improved outreach to local communities via social media, in support of the American Red Cross’ metro NY chapter.
- Copywriter and editor for Red Cross’ blog.
Consultant, Living Classrooms
January 2009 – May 2009
- Constructed strategic communications plan for non-profit.
- Created Media Kit, Direct Mail, and website development.
Consultant, Department of Commerce
October 2008 – December 2008
- Promoted YouTube video contest for the Digital TV transition.
- Created social media account for campaign.
- Produced original video to promote “Convert Now” contest.
Editor-in-Chief, Highway 61 revised
May 2007 – August 2008
- Founding editor, writer for blog/website.
- Managed team of blog writers, and coordinated promotion across social media.
- Developed branding, established new local media property.
- Created original short audio and video podcast segments.
Communications & Marketing: HTML, CSS, WordPress, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Cision, Google Analytics, Omniture, SPSS, Hootsuite, Radian6, and all social media platforms.
Computer: Proficient in Mac and PC operating systems, all Office applications, basic server and database management.