American University, Washington, DC
Master of Arts in Public Communications, August 2009
Webster University, Webster Groves, MO
Bachelor of Arts in Film, May 2008
Communications Analyst, The Nielsen Company
August 2010 – Present
- Responsible for media relations and communications which promote Nielsen’s measurement of online, mobile, and social media.
- Created media-friendly content, including blog posts and infographics, which showcase Nielsen’s data-driven insights into consumer behavior.
- Analyzed media usage using Nielsen’s research tools, for company reports and industry presentations.
- Promoted Nielsen’s thought leadership through strategic outreach to targeted news media.
Marketing Specialist, Blue Fountain Media
January 2010 – August 2010
- Directed research of keywords (SEO) and social media for marketing.
- Increased sales conversions for clients and consumer interest in established brands.
- Promoted client businesses through online reputation management.
Online Analyst (Intern), New Media Strategies
May 2009 – August 2009
- Conducted online research to measure attitude and promote awareness for marketing clients.
- Daily online monitoring for brand protection and crisis communications.
- Audited hundreds of videos online to protect brands and copyrighted media.
Voter File Manager, Jay Nixon for Governor (Missouri)
May 2008 – August 2008
- Designed and maintained database registry of voter information for election campaign.
- Directed survey research of over 200,000 constituents, and coordinated hundreds of volunteers.
- Identified undecided voters for communications campaign and get-out-the-vote drive.
Editor-in-Chief, Highway 61 revised (St. Louis, MO)
May 2007 – August 2008
- Founding editor, reporter for online magazine/blog (www.61revised.com).
- Developed branding, established new local media property.
- Created original short audio and video podcast segments.
Consultant, Department of Commerce (Washington, DC)
October 2008 – December 2008
- Led YouTube video contest for the Digital TV transition.
- Created social network presence for campaign.
- Produced original media to promote “Convert Now” contest.
Consultant, Living Classrooms (Washington, DC)
January 2009 – May 2009
- Constructed strategic communications plan for non-profit.
- Created Media Kit, Direct Mail, and website development.
Full disclosure information available at http://cmp.ly/4/obr9ec
Communications: WordPress, Dreamweaver, HTML, PHP, RSS, MySQL, Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Podcasting, SPSS
Computer: Proficient in Mac and PC operating systems, all Office applications, basic server and database management.